One truth every parent knows is that children grow up really fast. In a blink of an eye, your very silent and peaceful newborn will be a talkative and playful toddler. Add a few more years and your toddler will be a school kid who’d rather spend time with his/her friends than his/her parents. It feels like they are just slipping out of our grasp!
Spending quality time with our kids has a great impact on their well-being. The first few years of life are critical. The experiences that our kids will have during these formative years can greatly impact their successes later on in life. And for us parents, these quality moments spent with our kids will give us great pleasure both in that exact moment and when we relive them later on.
However, it can be hard to do this when we’re caught up in the busyness and humdrum of everyday life. Deadlines have to be met, bills have to be paid, and household chores are endless. Our daily to-do list can go on to forever. So amidst all these, how do we ensure that we can still spend quality bonding time and precious moments with our kids? Here are a few easy ways to do so:
- Be present in the real world and not in the virtual world. Keep the television, computer, and your phones off. These are distractions that might hinder and distract us from enjoying quality time with our kids. Kids are mindful and they can easily see and feel when we are distracted and not giving them our undivided attention. For example spending time with your kids on pre-nursery book or sharing bed time stories before their sleep.
- Keep the to-do list at a minimum. There is always a minimum requirement in anything. Let’s refrain from being perfectionists or going overboard with the minimum requirement that we forget to spend time with our kids. Learn to recognise and be happy with our accomplishments for the day and let go. Let’s learn to sit back and enjoy some time with our kids without worrying too much about our to-do lists.
- Look at our children and notice everything about them. It will not be long before our kids will be spending more time outdoors than at home. While they are still with us most of the time, let’s try to notice and savour everything about them. Smell their hair, hold their tiny hands, and look at those chunky legs as they run around the house. Hug them tight, notice the details and emotions, and keep it in our hearts.
- Keep a memory diary or scrapbook – make it concrete. We can write about how we spent our day with our kids. This will come in handy when our kids would want to look back and remember the good old days.
- Make your own memorable moments and maximise it – by joining baby contests. Joining baby contests might be a good opportunity for us to bond with our babies, capture their precious moments, even win goodies at the same time! Johnson’s® understands how babies and toddlers rule their parents’ hearts, so the brand brings a popular baby contest that has long wooed the hearts of Malaysian mums over the years. This year in conjunction with Johnson’s® 125 Years Anniversary, the brand gives mums the opportunity to shower their kids with the ‘royal treatment’ by joining – “The Royal Celebration for Johnson’s® 125 Years with Your Princes & Princesses”.
Mums can celebrate and profess their love for their precious kiddos and join the contest at the same time by uploading their kids’ photos and using one of four regal themes – Royal Adventure, Magical Snow, Stardust Fairies and Modern Monarchy. Parents can further decorate the photos using magical GIF stickers.
A pair of prince and princess will be crowned in each age category of 0 to 12 months, 1 to 3 years old, and 4 to 6 years old. Prizes include RM 5,000 in cash, a Johnson’s® hamper worth RM 400, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience of being featured on a magazine cover. Ten consolation prize winners will also be selected in every category to receive RM500 cash and a Johnson’s® hamper worth RM400 each.
To join, parents can simply:
- Purchase any Johnson’s® baby product from September 1 to October 31.
- Snap a photo of their cute kiddo and upload the photo on johnsonsbaby.com.my/boty2018.
- Select one of the royally-themed frames and decorate your child’s photo with fun GIF stickers.
- Complete the forms and submit.
You can submit multiple entries so you definitely have an excuse to keep that camera shutter clicking! Don’t miss this royal opportunity to document and treasure your precious kids. This experience and photos are truly worth keeping forever. Submit your best shot now at www.johnsonsbaby.com.my/boty2018 !
*Published with Johnson’s®.